Thursday, December 23, 2010

Happy holidays all :)

I am sorry I don't have any new tatting to post at the moment.  Things have been a little hectic here, though I did manage to get one ornament done for the tree, it is in-fact a little pink tree, lol, and I will get a pic and post  in a day or 2. 

I wanted to wish everyone a happy holiday and wish you all warmth and wellness with you and your families, and take time to  treasure every small moment you get.  My mother is spending the holidays back in the hospital again, she was only home for a week and her lungs filled up with fluid and the sac around her heard filled again also.  She seems to have some form of dementia setting in also, we are not sure if it is a result of the anesthesia or what has happened, but it took that whole first week for the effects of the anesthesia to wear off, and she still seemed not to come fully out of it. 

She had been home for one week and started gaping like a fish again, trying to breathe, and was rushed back to the hospital and is still there, so we are  working with that.  Other than that things are well.  I am feeling we really need to find a good nursing home to put her in, I am atleast half an hour away if she falls or needs attention, and that is on the days I have the car, if I don't have the car and need to call the hubby for a ride, I am  a good hour away from the time she calls me.  And with her mind the way it is and my being so far away, I really would like someone being there 24 7 to help take care of her needs.


My health is much better this go around, I have prepared better, the initial shock has settled, I am living on  mucinex and regular meds for the sjogrens, the pluresy seems to not be letting up, but I can keep it to a minimum hopefully. 

My husband and I celebrate our holiday on the  21st instead of the 25th, and I made a Turkey breast, sweet potatoes, he had regular potatoes, and we had some fresh pumpkin pie.  We also have some ham and eggs fresh from the barn, and then some other things to fill in for left overs here and there each day, nothing fancy for just the 2 of us, but it sure is delicious!  He got the whole week off from work, and we are watching netflix catching up on  some house work, playing with the dog, and really enjoying being together.  He works some long hours, so this is really super nice to have just hang out time.  Today we had a tv day, ate turkey left overs, drank soda, laid on the couch, and watched an entire series, and just giggled at each other. it was wonderful! we finished off the pie, we both had 2 pieces today, and he wants me to make another one tomorrow, lol, I said, ok since we don't normally endulge, what the heck!

Hubbie got a new mp3 player he has been really wanting for about a year, and I got a bobbin winder and some thread, then for both of us we bot a new bedroom suite :) we figured after 17 years, we wanted to  have a really nice matching bedroom suite, so we are ordering Monday after the holiday, and it will take about 4 weeks to come in :)

I am really thankful for all that I have, I have food on the table when ever I want it, I can order pizza tomorrow night if I want to, I can watch tv all day today, all day, with my best friend and my love of my life, I can get in my car and drive to walmart to get a bag of candy to eat while watching tv, I have 3 happy cuddly dogs that are always  tickled pink to see me, regardless of how bad their day may or may not have been, I have a roof over my head, shoes on my feet, clothes on my body, and blankets on my bed, friends to chat with on the computer, so life is really pretty darned good :)

I wish all of you the warmest  and most comfortable holiday and safest  one also, and may it carry through into the new year as well:)  Sleep sound, Sleep warm, and Sleep safe:)

and as always, happy tatting  and happy holidays :)
Bree.

4 comments:

  1. Bree,
    Merry Christmas to you & your family too. I understand your concern over your mom. You both are in my prayers. I know how important your snuggle time is & just having the time for you & your husband is as well. I lost my husband about 3 years ago. I treasure all those times we had. Now my snuggle partners are little ones. Which we both enjoyed our time with them when he was here too.
    You are right it's the small things in life that count. All your blessings that you said is what matters. Those are the same ones that I count as well. Plus the funny things the little ones come up with everyday that make you wonder where did they get that from.
    Merry Christmas & a very Happy New Year's!
    bsotf

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Bree... life is good! Despite the difficulties we face, we really do have many blessings!

    Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you a wonderful week and even more blessings in the coming year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bree,
    You all are truly blessed to be able to enjoy the quiet moments in life. Hope your and your dear husband enjoy every moment together.
    I pray for your mother's improved health.
    May your Holidays be filled with peace and joy and the light of love.
    .

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...