Sunday, March 11, 2012

WEEE, I am BACK!

Well, I am back, it has been a while since I have written!  We have had internet connection problems, and we had to get a new router... Hopefully it will work now!  I have been missing all the goodies and chat, missing who is doing what and posting and sharing!  Missing my online friends and all the beautiful things everyone does!

I have been feeling so great, I still have permanent nerve damage from when I fell off the horse, oh so many moons ago, but I now have some new medicine that helps with nerve pain and it helps sooooooooo much, it is incredible!  I am starting to feel like my old self again, as much as I can that is, and it has been wonderful!  I didn't realize how much I missed simple housework, as horrid as that sounds, until I was able to do more than one or 2 short tasks at a time.  Now I can get up and whirl around the house, and still have energy and gumption to watch a movie while cooking supper, and knowing that I already dusted, vacuumed, dishes are done, etc... It might sound silly, but being in pain all the time and a simple task like going from the bedroom to the living room, to get a cup of coffee wearing you out, causing pain, is ridiculous. Then  you finally get up the energy to say wash dishes, so you think, and you stand there, get half of them washed, and your legs, back and shoulders start killing you, your eyes are dry as hell, your mouth feels like the sand storm blowing outside, you are light headed and you can feel that stupid continuing headache starting to throb. Now the dishes you wholeheartedly intended to wash, is a pile of dishes sitting in soapy water and nothing further, while you go lay down and take something for the pounding in your head and body.

The Migraines aren't as often now, don't last as long, and the all over pain has been helped a lot... so I am super super tickled to be up and around.  I am finding I still have to stop now and then to rest, but that is alright, it happens.

I try not to complain, and I don't know if I have ever mentioned to anyone  why I feel this way or not, I have Sjogrens disease, Hashimotos, which is a thyroid condition, and I have Fibromyalgia.  There are other things that go along with this, a whole host of conditions, or symptoms, or what ever you want to call them, etc, that happen with immune diseases depending on the disease... I have a low white blood cell count, very low vitamin d count, super dry eyes, dry mouth, my joints are drying, my skin is drying, I can get lymphoma, my thyroid has a node in it, I had a goiter is down but can come back any time, I have a sunlight sensitivity, I have antibodies to antiphospholipids, which means my blood clots and I can have a stroke or heart attack, so I am  on blood thinners also.   
    As you can imagine, this causes depression, pain, low energy, etc... I am not posting this for people to feel bad for me, just so there is an understanding about why I felt it necessary to be so excited about feeling good. 

Any day I can get up out of bed, and actually get OUT of bed, get up, and go do something, it is an incredible day!  I have bought some herbs and tomatoes, I am going to grow them inside the house, I have actually ridden my horse 2 times in the last couple weeks, which is HUGE for me, and things are just wonderful!

SO, I have the internet back, and can be online I can now be connected to my friends again!


6 comments:

  1. Welcome back Bree!
    Glad to hear you are feeling better.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very glad you are doing so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, so pleased to read you are feeling better.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to see a post from you again, Bree! Welcome back! I'm glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back, Bree! I understand about being happy with a feeling good day (I have a number of AI conditions, too) and hope they continue for you! Enjoy the sunshine.
    Hugs from Suz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back, Bree. I'm glad you feel better. I know that with AI disorders, some days are better than others. When you just don't feel like tatting, I hope you'll be encouraged by reading what the rest of us are doing. BTW, I love the header on your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...