An Egg Ornament.
This is what I did for my first project in round number 2 of the motif challenge. An egg ornament.
That is a real egg, from one of our hens, I drilled and blew 4 dozen eggs, hubbie wanted some for projects also. We rinsed them, washed the yolks off, lol, they have had some diluted bleach water run through them and they have all been set out to dry. We have a nice variety of colors because we have some wonderful mixed hens out there and we have a beautiful Rhode Island Rooster, so we always have new mixed chicks being hatched each spring.
Anyhow, this was my very first round-ish, attempt at a project, I have never done anything like t his. I had previously only done flat pieces. it was a bit of a challenge for me, but I am going to continue on and make several more, they are going out to family for gifts. I made up the pattern as I went, trying to make sure things fit together given the shape of the egg etc. and I must say, though I need more practice, I am pleased with the way it came out :)
So, I present to you, Motif # 1, and my first finished project of round number 2.
As always, Happy Tatting! Bree.